Strategies to Take on Challenges, Push Through Setbacks, Overcome Obstacles and Build Your Passion
I am very excited about the opportunity to speak to your player and/or team about my passion for helping youth learn how to strengthen and grow their mental toughness. As a licensed clinical psychologist with a specialty in working with adolescent and school-age boys and girls and their families, I have spent over 20 years helping youth learn how to overcome difficulties and grow while experiencing adversity. As a former Division I Men’s Soccer Player at a perennial top 20 program at Wake Forest University, I provide a unique insight into the challenges and opportunities that come from playing soccer at an elite level. As the parent of an adolescent son and daughter who both play club soccer, I understand the pressures that many parents feel to help their teens reach their potential while still having a love for the game.
Through personalized individual sessions or team presentations, I help players learn how to develop the mentality that is crucial for growth and improvement. Your player will learn:
- How to reduce anxiety and stress by changing one’s mindset
- How to grow their passion for the game and enjoy challenges
- How to persevere in the face of adversity
- How to become more focused on the process of improving and learning and less focused on outcomes and not looking bad
- How to reframe mistakes and setbacks as opportunities to learn and grow rather than as signs of not being good at something and as something to avoid
- How to reframe challenges as vehicles to grow and improve rather than as situations to fear and avoid because the player may not look as skilled
I look forward to helping your player and team learn tools to help them grow both individually and as a team.
Brad P. Miller, Psy.D.